Monday, January 14, 2008

Tough Day in Potions

Today was the first day of classes and I must say, it is a lot more difficult than I anticipated. Potions is extremely challenging. That is where I'm going to need to focus my attention. The right blend of ingredients, in the correct proportions. This stuff is tricky. I'm hoping someone will be able to tutor me. Professor Snape definitely favors the Slytherin students, so the rest of us have to work very hard for good marks. I could feel him glaring at me when I accidently bumped in to the supply cart. I thought for sure he was going to deduct house points. Luckily nothing was broken or wasted. WHEW! Potions practice is on my agenda for the rest of the day!

I still haven't been able to catch up with any of my fellow Hufflepuff students in the Great Hall or the Common Room. They sure are an elusive bunch. I guess since we are such a small group and the Hufflepuff House is so large there is plenty of space for everyone to claim his/her own territory.

Quidditch will be starting soon so at some point I'm going to need some broomstick lessons. I'm hoping to be able to get Madam Hooch to give me some private lessons. First years aren't allowed to bring brooms to Hogwarts so I'll need to borrow one from the school's supply room. With permission of course.

My secret pal is a Ravenclaw! I didn't realize before I came to Hogwarts that there is a lot of debate over the Ravenclaw colors recently. Some students prefer blue with bronze and others blue with gold. The students are allowed to choose which color combination they prefer which I think is a wonderful idea. I'm not going to say which combination my Ravenclaw prefers because that might just give too much away!

Well, it's back to the books for me.

No comments: