Thursday, January 10, 2008

Busy Day for Owls

Last night I was sitting in my living room knitting a pair of socks and I kept hearing a faint tapping sound. I thought maybe it was a tree limb brushing up against the roof so I ignored it. About 2 hours later I could still hear this sound and it was really starting to bother me, you know, like nails on a chalkboard.

About that time my father came in to the room and exclaimed, "Bella, are you going to let that poor owl stay out there all night?" "Let the poor thing in so we can see what she brought for us?!".

I turned around and right behind me at the window was a beautiful tawny! Don't get me wrong, I think Snowy is the most beautiful owl I've ever seen, but this tawny was special. She was delivering the identify of my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap pal. I hurriedly paid her 5 knuts and then just held the parchment in my hand, I was afraid to look. I've been waiting for this for weeks and here it was and I couldn't open it.

Finally, my father took the parchment from my hand and read the letter to me...

"Hello! The time has come!!! Are you excited to find out who your partner is??? Well, without further ado . . . "

Signed,
Ms. Winifred Wartbobble
HSKS4 Headmistress

So there it was, my secret pal (the one I get to spoil). The next few hours were spent getting to know my secret pal by reading her online blog and her profile on Ravelry. I have a lot of ideas. I jotted a quick note and off Snowy went, on her first mission...to deliver my introductory letter to my HSKS4 secret pal.

I just know this is going to be a great semester. This was quickly confirmed by another knocking owl, this one was from MY secret pal. WoW! I have a secret pal. Someone is going to spoil me.

I don't know how much we are supposed to say right now, so I'm just going to say that I am very excited about this day and these owls!

My father has promised me a return visit to Diagon Alley this weekend to do some secret pal shopping!

No comments: