Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our First Ravenclaw Quiz

House Quiz

What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking? Elixir to Enduce Euphoria

What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects? Peppermint

How much can you get for Acromantula venom? 100 Galleons

What is the most powerful love potion in the world? Amortentia

What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead? A bezoar

How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers? disguised as innocent items such as perfume and cough potions.

What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing? Hiccoughing Solution(???)

What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder? Light spells and fire magic

What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death? wormwood, asphodel, valerian roots, and one sopophorous bean

How much will unicorn tail hair fetch? 10 Galleons per hair


Extra Credit
Do you prefer to knit or crochet? I prefer to knit.

What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with? I enjoy worsted weight and heavier yarns (cause they knit up quickly). I'm an instant gratification kind of girl.

What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with? What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with? I enjoy natural fibers. I love alpaca, mohair and bamboo.

How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet? I have completed one pair of socks and have 2 socks that currently don't have mates...I plan to fix that soon though.

What is your favorite item to knit/crochet? I enjoy knitting scarves and bags.

What is your favorite treat?

Do you drink coffee, tea, or both? Both, but my FAVE is hot chocolate.

Do you have an online wish list? If so, where? Not really, but I have recently started saving things to my favorites on Etsy. I also have an Amazon list, but that is pretty much for my husband and mom for Christmas ideas.

How many Ravelry groups are you in? Too many! LOL 12-15

Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area? I don't have access to any local yarn stores here (I did just hear of one so I'll be checking that out soon). I order most everything I want or need from the internet with no trouble. At some point I need something to organize my circular needles in. The case that the Harmony Interchangeables come in is PATHETIC.

No comments: