Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Twisted Take on Photo Hunting

I had to come back to the muggle world for this assignment. It was too difficult for me to get anything done at Hogwarts...it was too quiet. Everyone else went to Hogsmeade. I on the other hand decided to be proactive and get this photo hunt finished.

 

This is my marker item. He is my blah buster buddy from the Hot Cocoa Swap last winter. His name is Cecil. Cecil and I are on my balcony. I know....you're jealous of my view right? Well this view is overlooking the Caspian Sea in Baku, Azerbaijan. Eat your hearts out! (note - I'm being VERY sarcastic in this statement)

So here goes.

broom - I cleverly disguise my broom in this handy little case. No one suspects me for what I really am...A WITCH!

diadem - Ah, the Webkinz Crown of Wonder. I've been attempting to get this thing for months now. I'm 5 gems away from the highly coveted prize! MOOOAHAHA!

engagement ring - This is my engagement ring. 1 carat Asscher cut set on point. LOVE IT!

fanged frisbee - - Ok, if anyone really owns a fanged frisbee I'd love to see it. This is the closest I have...my Portion Plate that I use for nutrition education with clients. I guarantee you that at some point someone has wanted to throw it at me!

house socks - On the left, my slytherin sock made with the yarn that I received last term in the HSKS5. It's in the Slytherin colorway by Cosmic Fibers! On the right, the first pair of knit socks I ever owned. Gifted to my by my sister for Christmas a few years ago. I LURV the colors.

magical creature - This is one of Fangs pups. I call him Max. "No MAX! Don't eat Cecil"

muggle artifact - This is my husbands prized artifact! Smokey Joe.

glass of butterbeer - Where was this photo hunt a few days ago when I was making REAL rootbeer floats? You'll have to trust me on that....this is as close to foaming as I could get. It's hard to see, but note the foam that has settled on the counter top? LOL SUDS.

government employee - My US Marine

horcrux - I really wanted to get a picture of the sheep that graze just up the street from my apartment but wasn't quite sure how I would get Cecil close enough. In the interest of my personal safety I opted for this....the Geranium horcrux.

lucky potion - This potion is guaranteed to get you a few nice compliments such as "I wish my wife smelled like you" - it's true. It's great to hear things like that...of course when the wife is sitting right there it's a little uncomfortable. LOL

public art - This is such a dirty dusty city. They try to make up for it by putting colorful tiles in the play areas.

raven's feather - Given that the Azeri national bird is the platic bag you'll just have to settle for the next best thing to a Raven's feather. A feather from my down comforter!



shady shop - I took the picture last night, but forgot to include Cecil! ARGH! I'll figure something out in the next day or so! Good grief! Ok, this is not the original shady shop...so here is the closest shop to мой дом (my house - moy dome). I never use this shop because they sell moldy bread! Shady, VERY SHADY! But hey, in a pinch I'll use them for points!




tree changing seasons - There aren't many trees in Baku and the those in the city near me are of the piney variety and don't change color. I'm not sure if the tree in this picture is dying or is changing seasons(see it there on the right with a hint of gold?)I was lucky enough to capture this shot from my balcony.

used textbook - I love this book. I received it in last terms swap also. It is a handy little reference and definitely well used.

So there you have it. My version of the Photo Hunt. I hope you enjoyed it.

And, I think that my dorm name should be Tail Feathers. Fitting for a Ravenclaw room I think...don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments for the pictures crack me up! It's hard to find a seasonal tree here too... I made do. :-) Bevin

Sarah said...

Great job, roommate! I just love Cecil, what a great buddy!