Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Roomies

The start of the semester is always fun for me. I enjoy watching the students settle in to their dorm rooms, become acquainted with each other and just get used to the "buzz" that radiates arounds the halls here.

I have two great roommates this term. Kitty Diricrawl and Olive Bumblebirch. I'm sure we will all get along fine. Kitty has the most beautiful snow globe collection on the head of her bed. I'm going to have to take extra care with Snowy this term and make sure that when she is flying around the room she doesn't get anywhere near those snow globes! Olive has an owl that could pass for Snowy's twin. Her owl's name is Puck. I'm sure happy to have a companion for Snowy this term. She was getting pretty lonely.

I've made wonderful progress on my kit for my spoilee. I've purchase the yarn for her "surprise kit", I'm halfway through with her bag, have a few extra things purchased and now just have to order a few staple items and sit back and wait for them to arrive. I am going to have this kit out before the holiday rush for sure!

Snowy was on a much deserved vacation after making her last journey so I've been without mail for a few weeks. She's just made a trip back from the post and WOW, do I have a lot of catching up to do.

And um, have any of you seen the new Dark Arts instructor? Professor Whitmarsh? WOW. I'd like him to teach me more than a few things.

4 comments:

YogaKnot said...

wow you are already half way through your bag? you are amazing! your partner is lucky! lol I need to get back to work on mine!

minerva wood

Cassandra ZeHorrid said...

Oh, you are really fast... I've just decided what I'll do for my spoilee... But if I work really hard I'll not take that long time to finnish...

stgenevieve said...

Wow, I'm impressed with both your speed of planning and your control of your familiar! My chihuahua is only tractable because he's a bit of a sook, to be honest.

I'm waiting for mid-term break to work out what to make for Henry. I'm trying to work out exactly what he'd like. He's requested Nicole Kidman and/or Naomi Watts, but I think that might be a little hard to ship internationally...

Bella Shacklebolt said...

I have to be quick. It takes 3 weeks to get mail to me so if I waste any time I'm behind before I know it. I took advantage of being in Germany when we got our partners and bought my yarn there so I was ahead of the game this time. Now I have so much good stuff to make for myself that I HAVE TO get this bag out of the way! LOL